Friday 16 April 2010

Skinning

After the biped, i had to start skinning in order to animate my model. This is the part i found most difficult and i was taking a long time to get this right. 
Under skin modifier list is an envelope, here you set the weights for the right areas of the body. the weight tool was used to modify it. I also had to animate my model to see what i needed to skin. However, this is where i had a big problem. I did not seem to progress at all. I carried on with this for a few days but my model looked pretty much the same as when it was not skinned.  I felt that i was going wrong because i was unable to move the vertices. But this was  not the case, as vertices were not supposed to move. I was stuck at this point and was running out of time. So, i had to make a decision of leaving it behind and carry on with the rest of work that i still had to do.
I know that this is something that could have been fixed, but it was my fault so leaving it till it was too late. 

No comments:

Post a Comment