Friday 12 March 2010

Creating my model

I started making my model by creating a box, I then used the bevel and extrude modifiers to shape the body of my model. I used these modifiers to create the arms and legs. as you can see, on the knees and elbows, I had to extrude more so that it gives my model some skin for when it bends. 

I then created a box to make the head, however, i found it even more difficult to shape. So i started again with a sphere. I used the modifier, editable polly to shape the head. using the vertices to shape the eyes, nose and mouth. I tried to create the ears but it was taking me too long, so this is something i could improve in the future.

I then had to create the hand separately, with the fingers. I started with a box and extruded the fingers and beveled the finger tips. I used the smooth modifier to soften the edges of the hand as it was quite boxy in the beginning. I then tried to attach the hand on to the man model. I had to cut off the tip if the hand from my original model, and attached the end of the arm on  to the separate hand i created. Attaching this was very hard, especially the first time. however, i learned how to use the loop and grow on the modifier as well as the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment